Follow me on my journey to complete the 2012 Boston Marathon!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Qualms of the Bag Lady #2

I think the one piece of equipment that poses more of a problem than socks is... a sports bra. I was so happy that I actually got myself to the gym after my company's holiday party which included beer, macaroni and cheese, and cookies, that I felt pretty disheartened when I opened my knapsack and basically flipped it inside out swearing that there had to be a sports bra in one of the many compartments. But there was not. You would think by now that I had this routine down - but there is always room for error. I told myself that I had to run anyway. It was not pleasant. Not at all. Not only because of no sports bra but because I learned (the hard way) what foods don't sit well in my stomach pre-run. I can tell you this, I'm saving the beer for post run glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment