Follow me on my journey to complete the 2012 Boston Marathon!

Monday, November 7, 2011

After a glorious weekend of sleeping in, Tex Mex and margaritas, I realized that there is officially less than one month until the official training plan begins....uh ohhhhh....!

I feel like I have been pretty good at keeping up with a good 4-6 day/week workout schedule, but as I was watching recaps of the NYC Marathon this morning, still feeling the sluggishness of an indulgent weekend, I felt the jitters! I'm a creature habit. I thrive on routines and so the fact that I started a new (but wonderful!)  job last week has slightly affected my work out schedule for the time being, leaving me feeling routine-less and completing a random workout here and there.

The funny thing about routines is that they aren't based on anything tangible. Routines are relative and as soon as they change, a new routine emerges. For those who don't know, I started a new job last week and the commute and the gym are both farther away. BUT, I did my first early morning workout at the new gym this morning. Oh how glorious is daylight savings time! 6 am and the sun was peaking through!

New Gym: bigger towels, cups at the water fountains, larger stretching space, less people (it's actually strange, it has been empty every time I have gone), bigger lockers -- all of the important stuff

Old Gym: more people, intense camaraderie, cleaner showers, in my office building


Not too shabby...

My goal for the next 3 weeks is to not get too excited. To not start "training yet". To stay calm and CROSS TRAIN. I'm getting back into spinning classes. I give those up in the summer because the thought of sitting on a bike in a small, sweaty room freaks me out. But I sweat almost equally horrendous proportions in a spin class as I do while running, so I plan on attending a bunch of spin classes between now and 12/3.

So here's to a new routine, a new training plan, and a new found patience. Oh, and what the hell, here's to: .necessary.goodness.

-JBU





No comments:

Post a Comment