Follow me on my journey to complete the 2012 Boston Marathon!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Support Is Incredible

I wanted to take this post to thank everyone who has donated to LLS so far. I cannot believe how much money has been raised in such a short amount of time. Not only have I exceeded the minimum, but I am almost at my personal goal and it hasn't even been 2 weeks since I started fund raising! It feels so wonderful to know how many friends and family members support me and I know that this will help me in my training efforts. 

It's an interesting in between, limbo time right now. I just finished a 10K last week, yet still have about a month and a half to go before the actually marathon training begins. I've never been good at working out unless I have a training plan. Without a plan, I tend to just go on 3-4 mile runs and forget about speed workout and interval training and of course lifting. I hate thinking about lifting weights, but as soon as I am doing it, I love it. And I know that incorporating a lifting routine into my training plans has helped alleviate my shin splint problems. 
So we'll see how this goes. I'm looking to create a plan between now and 12/3 that doesn't involve anything too intense, but also reminds me to have rest days. Those are equally important! Right now I'm thinking of a 30 min run (with sprints or tempo), a 40 min run, and a 50 min run with 2 days of xtraining/lifting. Any thoughts/suggestions from my fellow followers?!

I'll let you know how the pre-training is going next week, but for now, just a big THANK YOU to all!

JBU

No comments:

Post a Comment